– if something’s important, it’s worth doing it all the time
– January is tough enough without the added challenge of getting fit/thin/beautiful/organised/pregnant/married
– some things we can’t control. Trying makes it worse.
– everything in me wants to self-improve and do it alone. Weight Watchers and Total Fitness and New Woman and the Debenham’s Sale all tell me I can. Eating disorders say the same thing (and January is Their favourite month). But nothing is ever enough.
– Grace is a much bigger motivator than guilt. And it doesn’t make you want to harm yourself when you get it wrong.
Most of all…
– It’s Jesus who makes me new. Not my choices and self-will. My resolutions are far too small. And they’re two thousand years too late.