A New Name

arrow6 Comments

1. Liz
    Feb 03 - 6:57 pm

This. I am 100% with you on this. The only basis for gender difference I care about at all is what God says in Scripture. And as you say, it’s not what we might think. Big groups of women scare me too. I’d rather be eating bacon rolls and listening to a fighter pilot than having my nails manicured. But I know also that God made me a woman, so that is part of His plan for me. So I want to know what HE thinks about that, and hoonannies to the rest of it.

2. Rebecca
    Feb 03 - 7:58 pm

Amen. That’s all.

3. David Baker
    Feb 03 - 8:14 pm

Terrific post!

4. Ash
    Feb 03 - 8:49 pm

But it is so much easier treating people like stereotypes than getting to know people as people…

5. Caroline
    Feb 03 - 9:22 pm

I always wonder where they find the unharmed people to get the patterns from.

I hate this stuff because I’m always a creepy mix of both, very depressing. But, Chris feels the same way, so between the two of us we might make a whole married couple one day.

Actually, if I had to pick one or the other, I think Jesus sounds a lot more “woman” out of your pink box and not much blue at all.

In fact, the blue box seems much more “addict” than male, and the un-Jesus bits of the pink box reek of co-dependence and complex PTSD.

As a culture darkens and moves away from God, both gender descriptions get further and further away from being Christlike. Masculine attributes used to be more defined by virtues than vices and nurturing females are now mocked from every corner of our media driven culture.

It seems nobody wants to be like Jesus.

6. Susanne Schuberth (Germany)
    Feb 03 - 11:58 pm

“Man, I Feel Like A Man”…….

Oh yes, Emma, I know this feeling too. And I luv it! ☺
    Indeed, with God I feel like I am standing with an army, even though this world has lost its everlasting glory…

If you feel like a man, you may be “the man”, even though you’re a woman. For clarification (in order to not post more than one link which most blogs don’t accept) I copy and paste something I recently wrote on John Thomson’s article “Ear Piercing And Bondslaves” (Johngreenview.wordpress.com) as to that issue.

*******************************************

[…] in fact, the New Covenant and the Old Covenant had and still have a ministry for women besides being one with their husband. Thinking especially of Miriam, the sister of Aaron, and the four daughters of Philip (Acts 21:9) – all these were called to be prophetesses of the Lord. One might argue, “Wait a moment…..were they married?”
    However, In the NC we hear Paul say,

“This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none.” (1 Cor 7:29)

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.” (Gal 3:28-29)

Abraham’s offspring are all sons in the One, the Son of God, regardless of gender. Although one may never forget that women are not to rule over their husbands – they ought to submit to them as they do to their Lord because the Lord speaks through their husbands. This fact I do confirm. Particularly in times of insecurity as to hearing the Lord’s voice or others’ (mostly Satan’s), Jesus used my hubby to tell me what to do. And Paul – my husband – was always right when he corrected me in his kind manner. Also, it is good for husbands to listen to their wives’ voices through whom God’s helping advice can be heard. The “female side” of God brings along deep understanding, tenderness, comfort, and respecting others just the way they are – not the way men often think they “ought to be”.

*******************************************

However, not only this world has lost its glory. Ha! Also, the sermons many a congregation has been forced to deal with. Preachers today who are devoid of Christ’s Spirit cannot help but offering more or less lame and shallow sermons filled with mere human wisdom. This is not what God likes. Actually, He hates it! Therefore, He recently urged me to write a “manly” poem and to post it on Tullian Tchividjian’s blog. If you’re interested, you could check out the following link.

God bless you, Emma and Glen!

Susanne