1. I don’t think I’m a better person than you. The opposite. I know myself and it’s ugly in here.
2. I don’t read the Bible like other books. Not because the book itself is magical, but because it tells me about Jesus: about who I am and what the world is. This is important, because:
3. the stuff we see isn’t the only stuff that’s there. And I’m not talking about weird spooky spirits and ouija boards.
4. I’m not in a cult. (I was once, which is how I know)
5. I like church. I (mostly) want to go. We have fine coffee and fine (normal) people and we talk about Jesus.
6. I don’t hate science or homosexuals or Richard Dawkins or people of other faiths. And I believe in dinosaurs.
7. I’m not trying to save you. That’s Jesus’ job. But He’s for you too, if you want Him.
8. I don’t think heaven is about playing a harp on a cloud. I can think of (almost) nothing worse.
9. Christians do not look the same. They’re completely different and that’s a very good thing.
10. I don’t think life can be summarised by a bumper sticker
11. I don’t think Jesus will give me a Ferrari if I pray really hard, (though I won’t say no if he does).
12. I don’t watch Christian TV or listen to Christian music – and I’m still a Christian.
13. I don’t think sex is evil.
14. I am not a fan of clip art or group hugs.
15. When the preacher opens with: ‘Bruce Springsteen once sang, ‘everybody’s got a hungry heart. And you know what? He’s right’… I want to crawl under my seat too.
16. I don’t think that everything is ‘a bit like Jesus’.
17. I don’t like singing. Some Christians do, but not all of us.
18. I don’t always feel close to God.
19. I don’t think the God of the Old Testament hates everyone and is angry – and the God of the New Testament is groovy and cuddly and all about the love.
20. I don’t have answers to all my questions.