1. Jesus loves you. He’ll never leave you. He says you are precious and lovely and He even sings over you. He’s got great plans for you and He is trustworthy and more beautiful than anything else in the world.
2. It’s good to take and risks. It’s good to climb trees and rip your clothes and stand up for things other people don’t agree with. I’m proud of you for trying: that’s what really counts.
3. Your body is a gift and it works in miraculous ways. It’s a part of who you are, but not the most important bit. At times it will change and that’s a bit nerve-wracking, but you’re safe. Think of all the amazing things it does!
4. Be kind. Especially to people who are weak or different. We’re all worth the same and we all need looking after.
5. Emotions are good: even the scary ones!
6. Not everyone will like you: and that’s ok.
7. People on TV and in magazines don’t look like that in real life. Real life comes in lots of shapes and sizes.
8. You can pray any-time, anywhere: and God is always listening.
9. I’m here any time you want to talk and I love you.
10. You don’t have to wear pink or like trucks.
11. Your dad is fantastic.
12. Sometimes the way I love you most is to say ‘no’.
13. How to tell me if something bad happens to you.
14. Who you are in private is more important than who you are when other people see.
15. Pray BIG
16. Tattoos are permanent
17. Don’t follow your heart!
18. I go to church because I’m a Christian: but it doesn’t make me one
19. Your grades are not important. I’m proud of you for doing your best.
20. Your parents make mistakes