– You say that you’re fine; but you know that you’re not
– You’ve said ‘I’ll get better’ but you’re just getting worse.
– Everything is terrible and it’s all your fault
– Acting recklessly or putting yourself in danger
– Forgetting to do big things that matter; like washing or eating
– Not being able to make sense of anything
– Finding basic tasks impossible
– Using drugs, alcohol or damaging activities to numb your pain
– Thinking people would be better off without you
– Repeatedly wanting to hurt others or yourself
– Being unable to make decisions
– Folks around you say that they’re worried
– Your relationships seem to be breaking down
– Overreacting to everything and everyone
– Cutting yourself off from others
– No-one else has any idea how you feel
– When you’ve tried and tried and can’t move forwards
– When you’re tired and hurting and lonely and afraid
In all of these situations:
You have a Father who loves you, a Son who has bought you, a Spirit who fills you and a church that will carry you.
Knowing this, we can dare to be weak. We can name our struggles. We can ask for help. And in His strength, we can move forwards.