1. You are loved. There are also people who care about you – even if you can’t see it or if you’ve lost someone close. There are people who would care about you too, if you were to open up to them, even just a little. And more than this, God loves you. That’s a life-changing, unalterable fact – not a greeting card sentiment.
2. You’re not in control, but that’s okay. God is and He can be trusted.
3. God has created you and given you a life with purpose and meaning. You might not feel it or even see it, but He has plans for you and a future that is full of hope. It doesn’t rely on you pulling up your socks or making things better. It’s about dependence upon Him – and upon His people.
4. You are not alone. I may not share your experiences. There may not be people around you who understand. But Jesus does. Everything we suffer, He suffered first. He cares. Your problems are not unique. And there is a way forward. You can be changed. Whatever your struggles.
5. You won’t always feel like this. Help is available.