1. Hide them from others: play them down or deny them: ‘It’s nothing: I’m fine’.
2. Hide them from yourself: bury them somewhere in your mind so deep you (almost) forget they’re there
3. Intellectualise them: circle them with your big old brain, give them labels and talk about them like the sights in a foreign city
4. Play with them: approach them like a child, carry them round like a comfort blanket
5. Project them: like a bat-signal on the roofs of other people: ‘It’s her fault: she makes me feel/act like this..’
6. Justify them: with an arsenal of excuses
7. Twist them: whatever you feel, act the opposite
8. Flee from them: withdraw from others and whatever you feel
9. Feed them and/or Starve them
10. Speak them: to others and to God.
I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.
I pour out my complaint before him;
before him I tell my trouble.
When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is you who know my way.